About Me

My photo


Just a single mom of two small boys somewhere in the middle of Minnesota. My older son has been diagnosed with autism. Both sons have been diagnosed with awesome.

Friday, January 7, 2011

I wear my sunglasses on Christmas...

It's been a while since I have posted a blog entry. If I did new year's resolutions, blogging more regularly would definitely make the list.

We had Christmas dinner at my nana's nursing home. I wasn't sure they would have anything Max would eat there, so I packed some food from home. As it it turned out they had mac & cheese and Max ended up eating better than his baby brother, who was both bored and tired.

I haven't quite adjusted to the fact that Max has been much less rigid about food these days. He's still pretty picky, but anyplace we go there is always something on the kids menu he will eat. Just yesterday he ate pineapple at school, something that was a favorite of his as a toddler but he hasn't touched in years.

If anybody was the problem on Christmas, it was me. I ended up hunched over my plate wearing dark glasses. I didn't even touch my food. I'm certain everyone at the nursing home thought I was hungover, but the boring truth is I woke up Christmas morning with a migraine and as the day went on, it just got worse. I had meant to take all kinds of pictures and basically ended up spending the day just trying to hold myself together and not be too much of a little dark rain cloud.

Christmas break went pretty well even if the day itself could have gone better for me. Max has had a hard time with days off from school, but other than a little cabin fever he did great. He also seemed to need less time adjusting to his new toys than in past years.

Sam is feeling a little post holiday let down. He's been a bit moody and keeps asking when Santa is coming back. He is also a little ticked off that we still have snow even though Christmas is over. Personally, I think he has a point, but the weather doesn't listen to me.

I'm not sure if it will make things better or worse when I take the tree down.

We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment