About Me

My photo


Just a single mom of two small boys somewhere in the middle of Minnesota. My older son has been diagnosed with autism. Both sons have been diagnosed with awesome.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Some things never go out of style:

Here is a picture is of my younger brother Andrew sitting in a box. Or a very small cardboard car, depending on your point of view. I'm guessing this was taken sometime in 1988. I have very vivid memories of him sitting in a cardboard box in the living room singing Billy Ocean's "Get Outta My Dreams" only he changed the lyrics a little. In his version it went, "Get outta my head, Get outta my car!" over and over again. When informed of the real lyrics, he said his were better. I think he had a point.


And here, submitted as proof that the pastime that sitting in a box and pretending it is a car is timeless, is a picture of Sammy in a box taken on this very day! He was singing,  "Blitzrieg Bop" by the Ramones. Or at least the, "Hey, ho, let's go!" part over and over again. When informed there were more lyrics, he didn't seem to care.  He did stop to smile when I took his picture. That was nice of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment